Some LED lights feature Bluetooth and Wifi connectivity. You should reset Bluetooth if it poses a pairing issue. However, the reset methods are multiple.
Because LED lights come from various brands and in different styles. For example, there are LED light bulbs and strips in our home. So, you have to follow the right reset method.
I also have different sorts of lights in my home. Therefore, I can guide you through the process. In this article, I will describe multiple methods for resetting Bluetooth lights around your house.
Table of Contents
Method 1: Reset LED Bluetooth Bulbs
This method especially works for Cync, C, Reveal, and Deco Light bulbs.
- Turn ON your light bulb by pressing the button on the power outlet. Now, turn it OFF.
- Switch ON and OFF the bulb five times in a sequence. When the light blinks, it has been reset.
There is another method for the bulbs with a timed sequence.
- Turn OFF your bulb completely for 5 seconds.
- Now, turn it ON for 8 seconds.
- Switch ON again for 2 seconds.
- You have to repeat this process 5 times or until the light bulb starts flashing.
- It should flash 3 times if reset successfully.
Method 2: Reset LED Bluetooth Strips
This method works for the Direct Connect light strips bought after 2020. It has a reset button. Press and hold the button almost for 10 seconds.
Some strips come with a timed sequence. It has a barrel switch for the power supply. This type of LED strip can be reset by the following steps;
- Switch OFF the strips for 5 seconds by unplugging from the power outlet.
- Now, turn ON for 8 seconds and then turn OFF again for 2 seconds.
- You have to repeat this process 5 times or until the strip flashes. If the light flashes 3 times, it has been reset.
Method 3: Reset RGB Strip with Remote
Most of the LED strips come with remote control. Although remotes are of different types yet the basic functioning is the same. They have almost the same buttons. Here is how to reset Bluetooth on any LED strip;
- Plug your LED strip into the wall power outlet to turn it ON.
- Wait 5-10 seconds and then unplug the adapter from the outlet.
- Now, point the remote control towards the light. Press and hold the power button on the remote control for a few seconds.
- Plug the strip into the power while holding down the power button.
- The strips will turn ON in alternate colors such as red, green, blue, and yellow.
- Release the button when the light holds on yellow color.
Method 4: Reset LED Bluetooth Strips with Controller
Some strips come with a controller. You can reset their Bluetooth settings as follows;
- On the controller, locate the tiny reset button. It is in the form of a hole. Hence, you cannot press it with your finger.
- Take a paperclip, pen, or screwdriver to insert into the hole. Press and hold the button inside for 10 seconds.
- Release the button when the light strip flashes 5 times and goes through the colors blue, green, and red.
- Now, pair it again with your Bluetooth device.
Method 5: Reset LED Bluetooth Lights with App
A number of Bluetooth LEDs are supported by a mobile app. Generally, it is an official app by the company. So, you can access, control, and reset your LEDs via the smartphone app.
However, there are some universal apps too. They are designed for all wireless lights and can be used to control them. Resetting can be easily done through the app;
Make sure an official app is available by your LED manufacturer.
- Download and install the app on your phone.
- Launch the app and find the pairing option.
- Next, find the “Remove/Disconnect” tab to un-pair the device. Navigate through the options and choose “Reset”.
- Restart your LED strip by unplugging and plugging back into the power supply.
- This will reset the lights and Bluetooth.
- Finally, click the “Add device” button in the app.
FAQs About LED Bluetooth Light Strips
Following are some of the frequently asked questions by the users. Hopefully, they will help you further.
Can I remove my LED strips and reuse them in a different place?
LED strips are adhesive. So, you can remove them and reuse them. The lights can be adhered to in another place. If they lose adhesive power, you can use glue. However, do not forget to unplug them from the power source while removing them.
Can I use LED strips to light up my room?
LED strips are mostly used for decoration purposes. They are fancy lights with different colors. In addition to the usual ceiling light bulbs, you can add strips to your room for adding aesthetic value. Also, you can use them as night lights. But, alone they cannot fully light up a room.
Are LED lights worth it?
LEDs have become too popular to avoid. Because they are very energy efficient. They provide high lumens and brightness by using less wattage. Moreover, they are long-lasting and durable. Therefore, LED light strips and bulbs are totally worth it.
Also Read: Reset Your LED Lights Remote Quick Solutions
In this guide, I have told you each and every method to reset LED lights Bluetooth. You can apply the right method according to the type of lights. However, consult the user manual too for further details.