Govee produces modern LED strip lights. They have the latest features. You can even connect Govee lights to your phone. It allows control and customization options.
But, you may not know the right method for connecting the lights. Therefore, I would teach you the process through this step-by-step guide. This article is written in easy and straightforward language.
Table of Contents
Connecting Govee Lights to Your Smartphone
Here are the complete guidelines and instructions for connecting lights to your mobile device.
Step 1: Download the App
- First of all, you need a smartphone or tablet running on Android 4.3 or above. In the case of an Apple device, it should support at least iOS 8.0.
- Make sure your device has an active internet connection.
- Now, go to the play store or Apple store on your device. Download the “Govee Home” app.
Step 2: Enable Bluetooth
- Meanwhile, enable Bluetooth on your phone. Open the “Control Center” from the Home screen, Click the Bluetooth icon and turn it ON.
- There is another way to turn ON Bluetooth. Go to “Settings” on your device. Then, open the Bluetooth menu. Toggle the button to the ON position to enable it.
Step 3: Launch and Setup App
- Once the app is downloaded, open it. Follow the initial setup process to set up your Govee account. Allow app access to Bluetooth and other functions.
- On the home screen of the app, find the “+” icon. It is located at the top right corner.
Step 4: Connect the Lights
- Tap the plus icon and search for your lights. The particular model number will appear, confirm it from the packaging.
- For example, I have the “H613D” version. Next, tap the device icon, and your lights will show here.
- Finally, complete the setup process by following the on-screen instructions. The app will guide you through the process.
What You Can Control via the Phone?
Govee smartphone app allows you full control. You can access every option via the app. For example, it will let you turn the lights ON/OFF with your phone.
Moreover, you can adjust brightness and change colors. Music mode can also be enabled or disabled. Choose your own custom colors and scenes.
Another advantage of the app is that you can group multiple Govee lights together. Then, connect the group to your phone and control it through the same app.
Bonus: Connect Govee Lights to Home Assistant
You can also connect your Govee lights to Google Home Assistant or Amazon Echo. It will let you turn the lights ON/OFF and change colors.
However, some options may not be available. If you own an Assistant device, it is easy to connect the lights to the device via phone.
Step 1: Prepare the Devices
- First of all, connect your phone and Google Home or Echo to the same Wifi network.
- Set up your Google account before moving on.
Step 2: Connect to the Lights
- Now, download and launch the Goove Home app on your phone.
- Open the app and click the “+” icon on the top right corner.
- You will enter into the “Smart light division”. The app will start searching your lights.
- Be sure to select the correct model number. It is usually written on the back of the package box.
- At the bottom of the screen, a dialogue box will appear. You can rename your device here. Tap the “Done” button after changing the name.
Step 3: Connect to Wifi and Assistant
- Next, connect to your home Wifi. Type the Wifi password, it will lead to the home page of the app.
- The setup process is complete, enjoy your lights and control them remotely.
FAQs About Govee Lights
Do you want to learn more? If yes, read the following questions and answers.
Is it convenient to control Govee lights through my phone?
Yes, Govee Home app is very reliable and fast. Its response time is immediate. Moreover, it offers full access to all control options. The mobile app is a convenient and cheap option. Because remote controls are prone to disappearing but the mobile phone is always at hand.
What to do if my Govee lights are not connecting to Bluetooth?
Do not skip the Bluetooth connection in the Govee app. Make sure Bluetooth is enabled on your phone. Update the Govee app or reinstall it. Moreover, restart your mobile phone, turn Bluetooth OFF, and then ON. Place lights closer to the phone ideally within 1 meter.
Why my Govee strip lights cannot sync to the beat of the music?
Make sure the music source and control box are not too far. Move them closer and try reconnecting. Further, clean the mic on the control box. Turn the lights OFF and unplug from the power source. Wait for 1-5 minutes, turn ON the lights and connect again.
Why my Govee lights are not connecting to Wifi?
Sometimes, your Govee lights fail to connect with Wifi. Make sure Wifi signals are strong and lights are within range. Update the Govee mobile app. Further, Restart your router or modem and try linking again. Another important thing to check is that you are connecting to the right Wifi and entering the correct password.
Why my Govee light remote is not working?
The immediate reason is dead batteries. So, replace the CR2025 coin cell batteries with fresh ones. Open the battery compartment by pushing the red part to the right and meanwhile pulling out the blue part.
It is very simple and easy to connect your Govee lights to your phone. Moreover, you can also connect the lights to other smart devices. This article has explained everything in detail. Tell us in the comment section if you have further queries.