It is very necessary to charge solar lights before using them for the first time. Because brand new lights do not have enough power.
The next important thing is knowing the correct way of charging. Your lights can damage if not charged properly. Therefore, I would explain the right way in this guide.
Table of contents
- How to Charge Solar Lights
- Charging Tips and Hacks
- Frequently Asked Questions About Solar Lights
- Final Thoughts
How to Charge Solar Lights
Let us learn step by step process to charge your solar lights for the first time.
Step 1: Install the Lights
First, install your solar lights in a sunny spot. Find the spot which gets maximums sunlight. Install them on the stand provided with the lights. You can also use a piece of wood, stack, or bracket.
The tilt angle should be towards the sun. Please follow the guidelines written on the packaging of your product. Place the cover on the lights to protect them from rain.
Step 2: Connect Batteries
The next step is to connect the batteries of your solar lights. Activate the batteries by removing the pull tab.
Some solar batteries have a plastic tab. It needs to be pulled for activation. Be sure to follow the instructions written in the user guide.
Step 3: Begin Charging
Turn ON your solar lights by finding the power button. The ON/OFF switch is located on the side or back. Let the lights charge for 8-12 hours.
It may take longer to charge depending on weather conditions and the availability of sun. Solar lights can be charged artificially with LED lamps.
In this case, they may take up to 72 hours. The green light indicator keeps on blinking. When it becomes solid green, your lights are fully charged.
Charging Tips and Hacks
Although the charging process is very simple yet you should know some important tips. By following these tips, you can enhance the lifespan of your lights.
- Install the lights in a way that they face the sun directly. Tilt the lights towards the sun. Install at a spot that receives enough sunlight.
- If your solar lights are not in use, uninstall them. Store the lights in a cool and dry place. Do not leave them outside for an extended period.
- Clean your solar lights and panels regularly. Do not let the dust build up on the surface.
- Similarly, the surface can get scratch marks. Birds and animals can also damage your lights. So, it is essential to clean them.
- When not in use, charge and drain your solar lights once every month. You can remove the battery and store it in a safe place. This will help keep your lights intact and healthy.
- Remove the dirt with a dry and soft cloth. You can use a soapy mixture to remove stains and marks.
- If your lights are not bright enough, apply a coat of clear nail polish. This smart hack will improve the brightness and efficiency of your solar lights.
Frequently Asked Questions About Solar Lights
Learn something more about solar lights by reading the following frequently asked questions.
How many hours do solar lights take to charge fully?
It takes almost 8 hours to charge the solar lights fully. On a bright sunny day, if the charging begins in the morning, the lights will start working at night. It can take longer depending on the weather. On a cloudy day, it will take longer to charge.
How do I know if my solar lights are charging or not?
All solar lights have a green or blue indicator light. It starts blinking or glowing when the device is charging. While the indicator glows solid once the charging is completed. Kindly consult the user manual to know the purpose of the light indicator.
How does a solar light work?
A solar light works by converting sunlight into electrical power. The light has solar cells to absorb sunlight. This power is then transferred and stored in the battery. The battery converts it into electrical energy. So, the light is given off.
How often should I charge my solar lights?
You should charge your solar lights regularly when they are in use. Generally, they charge during the day and work at night. Do not wait for the battery to drain out completely. Instead, charge after every usage.
Do solar lights needs to be charged every day?
Yes, they need sunlight to work regularly. Because the batteries need sunlight energy every day to remain charged. So, it maintains power during storage and off time. Even if not in use, the solar lights should be charged at least once a month.
Also Go Through: Fix Your Solar Light With Nail Polish Hack
This article is a complete guide for you. It has explained in detail how to charge your solar lights for the first time. I also added important FAQs for further help. Hopefully, you liked my effort. Stay connected, stay updated.